The aims of Maat Foundation are:
- Improving the living conditions of the most disadvantaged people belonging to marginalized and mistreated ethnic groups, respecting the defense of their rights and promoting their integration through development projects: human, economic, cultural and social.
- The preservation of indigenous peoples.
- Encouraging the development of communities or ethnic groups already mentioned, stimulating their own responsibility and behaviors with the utmost respect for their culture and identity.
- Disclosuring national and international history and existence of indigenous people in American and African tribes (currently existing and disappeared).
- The dissemination of the culture of historically marginalized gipsy and romaní ethnic group in Spain and elsewhere.
- Empowering communities and individuals that comprise them, by professionals and volunteers working with them on the ground.
- Projects related to the defense of the rights of marginalized and mistreated people, including the gipsy and romaní ethnic groups.
- Projects related to indigenous peoples of the American and African tribes.
- Collect, disseminate and publish the work in this direction through the Foundation's website, creating a large library and virtual library as well as online and edit publications, in any media nationally and internationally.
- Organize debates and reflections on the social situation of marginalized people and develop social proposals aimed at improving the quality of life of these people.
- Establish cooperative agreements with any institution or foundations that share identical or similar aims.
- Scholarships and grants, to any person connected with the foundation. In particular, support scholarships or indigenous gipsy romaní women to pursue higher education.
- Make travel related assistance for the purposes described, to work and know the problems and emergencies in situ.
- Encourage and train volunteers to work for the same purposes mentioned above.
- Promote and develop other activities of a social, educational, welfare etc, aimed at improving living conditions and providing development opportunities for marginalized and abused people.
- In general, all activities agreed by the governing body of the Foundation to achieve its purposes and in particular the actions of sponsorship and patronage.